I don’t know about you but when I totally bomb an oral presentation I usually just want to hide my head in a hole. Luckily I’m at a seminary so everyone was really nice and supportive. So how does one bomb an oral presentation? Lemme just tell you….
- You pick a book about a religion or topic you know nothing about.
- You purchase the book that you’re presenting on through Kindle and your computer erases all the notes and highlights you’ve been doing for the last couple of weeks.
- You don’t take a good look at the rubric for the presentation and think it is similar to the rubric for the paper….yea it’s not the same thing.
- When you read the book you focus on one topic and it happens to NOT be the focus you were supposed to look at.
- Your slide show sucks so you choose not to use it in the last minute.
- You apologize profusely to your classmates for not having “it” together.
- You say that “this” book was not your friend.
- Instead of presenting for 20 minutes you present for about 8-10.
On a positive note, I kicked butt on the Q & A. It’s not that I did not get the book(well that was part of it), its just that my presentation was HORRIBLE!